Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November Birchbox

So, I decided after the failure of Conscious/Bestowed Box, I would try my hand with Birchbox. I have heard a lot of great things about Birchbox, with the exception of the fact not all products are organic or gluten-free. As that is a main factor in my choice to use a product or not, I was hoping that maybe with a few tweaks, I could curate the boxes more toward those types of products. And, November did not turn out too bad. 

For the month of November, you had a choice to select the GlamLifeGuru box with items you know you were getting or a normal Birchbox where they selected your products for you. I chose the GlamLifeGuru box.
  1. Avène Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Serum $36 - Avene actually is a product line that started in France. Their new skincare line migrated to the US and became popular quickly for its good ingredients and minerals to help rejuvenate skin. This sample actually gave you a good amount for testing. I was really impressed with it. I applied it only to parts of my face which are very dry and i have noticed how hydrating this serum really is. I had never really used serums prior to this product, but I think I may have to broaden my skincare routine to include them. While this product is quite expensive, it is actually a good investment as you really do not need a lot of product per use.
  2. Jouer Lip Enhancer $16 - With ingredients like castor oil and jojoba oil, this I was really excited about. The formula looks like a gloss upon application and I really do say it has helped with dryness of my lips. I typically put this on prior to putting on lipstick and it tends to moisturize really well beforehand. It is a little tacky for a matte lipstick but if you are using a more cream-based lip product, this is a good pre-treatment. 
  3. Living proof. Perfect Hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo $22 - I have to confess this was not my first time using Living Proof dry shampoo. It has actually become on of my favorite hair product lines and this is literally my favorite dry shampoo out on the market currently. I love the fact a little bit of product goes a long way. It is super easy to use, and sets really well. And, since I am an almost daily user to dry shampoo, this product packs a punch! The sample size is actually perfect for traveling so I am excited to be using that over these holiday travel days!
  4. LOC One & Done Shadow Stick in Day Trip $10 - LOC is a new product line collaboration with blogger and vloggers like GlamLifeGuru and Birchbox to create great products. Their shadow sticks are cruelty-free and boasts a lot of beautiful colors. Day trip is a really wonderful color for day time and really nice for a lighter color for a nighttime smokey eye. The product is super easy to use and its creamy texture allows for easy application. And, the price tag is a real treat for those who are budget conscious as well.
  5. Shiseido ULTIMUNE EYE Power Infusing Eye Concentrate $65 - I have been a tried and true ROC fan for awhile now. I was quite disappointed with the amount of product sample they gave but with the normal price tag being above $50, I can see why. Just like with typical eye creams, you do not need a lot, just about 2-3 drops should do it, and it was pretty nice. I did not see a change in my dark circle nor any beginning stages of wrinkles and sun damage with this product. I am about 1/2 through the sample after constant use. While I will not be purchasing this product, 15ml is not a lot to me, I think those with far more eye issues may benefit from this. I will say with my current eye creams I am using.
Well, November has been rounded up and these are the products I chose. Anyone had any luck with these? Or, if you have found any amazing new products, send my way. I would love to try some out!

No comments:

Post a Comment