Thursday, December 22, 2016

Product Review: Kora Organics

I have been really trying to clean up my skincare: makeup, cleansing, body. As most of you have probably seen, Kora Organics is a fairly new line to the market. Created by Victoria's Secret Supermodel Miranda Kerr, the line was created out of the supermodel's frustration of not being able to find good organic skincare in the market. As someone who has also been searching for a great organic skincare line, I was in luck to find her brand and was anxious to try it. So, I went online and ordered the 3-Step System for my skin type (Dry/Normal Skin: honestly I was going back and forth between the Dry/Normal and the Sensitive/Normal lines).

All of her lines have 10 key organic ingredients: Noni, Rosehip Oil, Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Aloe Vera, Green Tea, Jojoba Oil, Sea Buckthorn, and Vitamins A, C, & E. And, all of the filtered water used has been infused with rose quartz. For $160, under the 3-Step System, you get a cream cleanser ($52), balancing rose mist ($44), and a hydrating day/night cream ($65). This can be used day or night in order to achieve healthy skin: and in most cases, according to the website, can calm the effects of skin conditions such as Dermatitis, Rosacea, and Eczema. I have had my issues with skincare in the past giving me worse breakouts or adverse affects so I was optimistic about trying a complete organic skincare system to see if it would help me.

Pros: I am in love with the Facial mist and the rose scent is so refreshing. It is a pick-me-up. I love it as a replacement for my facial mists I currently have in my arsenal. I keep it in my purse for a quick spritz on the go. It is the perfect travel size. The cleanser and the moisturizer is perfect for dry skin; they are both heavy creams that provide a lot of oils to moisturize the skin.

Cons: The scent of the cleanser and hydrating day/night cream were not as great as the facial mist. They smelled like vegetable or olive oil. I felt they were too heavy for my skin. While I do have dry skin, I found them to be more like spreading a mayonnaise on my skin over a hydrating cream. I would never recommend this to someone who has even slightly combination skin; stick with the sensitive skin or combo skin systems instead. It felt too heavy. If you have extremely dry skin and do not mind the scent of products, I say give them a try. I feel I should have ordered the sensitive skin only system instead.

Overall, not a bad line. I would stick with the facial mists if you are looking to try the line and then move onto other products from there. At the price tag it is at currently, I would wait until there is a sale before investing.

No comments:

Post a Comment