Monday, January 16, 2017

2017 & Going Plastic-Free

Like most people, I tend to make resolutions for the upcoming year. However, I try to take a bit more of a realistic approach. For the 2017 year, I would like to share with you a few goals I want to work on by the end of the year:
  1. I want to be healthier than I was in 2016
  2. I want to cut back on my Sugar intake
  3. I want to do more Yoga
  4. I want to "clean up" my makeup, skincare and beauty 
  5. I want to go Plastic-Free
Each goal set is realistic and can be achieved. While with each resolution you set, it tends to falter by the wayside by February or March. However, these are not just easy, they are attainable. The first three apply to my health directly- and for the most part, just increase what I have been doing already. However, the latter two, take a bit more time to achieve. But, I would like to share that journey with you on here. To make a conscious decision to be more eco-friendly allows us to put in perspective our habits, our daily routines and get realistic about our impact. I hope this mini-series will inspire you to look at what you can do to make better choices for 2017 as well.
(Via)
One thing I enjoy is watching some of my favorite YouTubers doing their magic with makeup. I enjoy getting tips and tricks on how to achieve a look I want to recreate. I have found a lot of inspiration and tips that I have adapted to my day-to-day. However, I found a great deal of the makeup they use will have ingredients that are not good for one's skin. Filled with Silicone, Parabens, Petroleum, Aluminum, Sulfates, and other harmful ingredients, It was time to look for some cleaner products.  I came across EWG and their site not only includes those who are EWG Certified Safe/Clean but also keeps you in the loop about upcoming news in the industry and potential legislation which could prevent correct labeling or usage of harmful ingredients.
Earlier in the year I went on a bit of a documentary binge and came across a few documentaries that sparked my interest for change. Addicted to Plastic (2008) and Plastic Paradise (2013) caught my attention the most. I suggest taking some time to watch the impact of our plastic usage. It really is eye-opening. After doing a lot more research into plastic and its uses (it is literally used almost everywhere)- it was time to start changing. So, in light of this, it is my goal to reevaluate my home and start using less and less plastic. I hope you will follow along with me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment