Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Ipsy: September Glam Bag Review


Hey All! So the September Ipsy Glam Bag is in! And I have to say I am in love with this little bag. One of the things that excited me about Ipsy was the bags all your products come in each month. This one is super chic! I am really loving it. It is a super cute bag and a perfect color to transition into fall. I think this one may stay in my purse or travel carry-on for our next adventure!

So let's get down to the products, shall we?

  1. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Sleek Primer Style Prep. $4.29. Now, I think we all know that Garnier is not organic nor gluten-free at all. According to this product, it should protect your hair from heat styling. After having my girlfriend use it (who is an actual hairstylist), she noted that while the smell was nice, it still made her ends frizzy and she noticed it really did not protect her hair well. She said the sprayer is more for foam-based products so the spray did not go on as evenly as she expected from a heat protectant. 
  2. NYX Cosmetics & Ipsy Eye shadow Trio. $N/A. Typically I go for more higher end eye shadows for their pigmentation. I find NYX, E.L.F, Revlon and even CoverGirl do not have a lot of pigmentation, and thus the product has to be reapplied a few times. That was the case with this trio. I love the colors, they are perfect for fall and the transition of weather. The palette colors make for a great fall smokey eye, but sadly the thin pigment will have you going through the palette twice as fast. 
  3. Elizabeth Mott Queen of the Fill Tinted Brow Gel. $20. I always love getting full sized items in subscription boxes. This is one of those products that you just love. This product is cruelty free. A brow gel is new to me as I typically use powder or pencil for my eyebrows but this was actually easy to use and the light medium color was perfect for my ash eyebrows. It was a great color for my fair skin tone as well. 
  4. J. Cat Beauty #MOTD Eye Pencil. $2.49. Another full sized item and cruelty free. This was actually a really lovely champagne color for an eyeliner, which makes my blue eyes pop compared to the Pixi duo I have been using recently. And, for the budget price, I am happy to find a new pencil to use. 
  5. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. $12. While I have often times seen this at the checkout lane of Sephora, I have never picked it up. Typically, my lotion needs tend to be higher in the colder months when the air is super dry and cold. Otherwise, my skin is typically moisturized naturally. I am happy to have tried this product, and while it is too heavy for my face, I look forward to using it during the colder months that lay ahead. As I have kept Nivea's version of this in my purse, I think this is sure to be a new favorite I will continue to get.
You Guys! I have to be honest. I have been really disappointed with Ipsy these days. A part of most subscription boxes, they ask you to fill out a small survey beforehand so they can gauge what type of products to send your way. Each time I fill these out honestly to ensure I always get products which fit my needs or something I would actually like. With Ipsy, I was careful to make sure I only selected products which were organic or gluten-free. I have very sensitive skin and I know what does not work well for me. Ipsy has not been sending all organic products (like this bag for example) and as a result, I have had to pass these items onto to friends or relatives who enjoy them instead of me. Now, while $10 may not be a lot for a subscription box, I felt my money was being wasted. So, this will my last review of Ipsy. Stay Tuned since I have a couple of other subscriptions to share coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment