I have such an amazing recipe to share with you. It is one of my favorite fall staples. With weather changing from summer to fall and from heat wave to crisp mornings and overcast days, this is the perfect dinner option. This is great for those busy days when you honestly do not have time to make a huge meal. It takes about 30 minutes total and most of the ingredients can be prepped beforehand! This is naturally gluten-free but can be made vegan or non-vegan depending on if you add an additional protein.
- 4 Cups of Vegetable Broth (homemade is best)
- 1 Small Onion
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp Pesto Paste
- 1 Can Cannellini Beans
- Optional: 2 cups of shredded chicken
- In a braiser pan, on Medium head, add EVOO and sliced onions. Make sure onions are halved and sliced thin. Cook until the onions are translucent. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add halved cherry tomatoes and cook additional 5 minutes to soften. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add pesto paste and white beans (half the bean if you are adding shredded chicken). Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Ready to serve. (*Optional: Add Chicken and allow to cook an additional 5 minutes.) Garnish with silvered basil.
I hope you love this as much as I do. It really is a great fall recipe and quite filling soup. Again, this is GF, Dairy-Free and Vegan. If you are using chicken, you can substitute chicken broth for vegetable broth. Enjoy!