Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Product Review: Micellar Water

Hey everyone! I am back with another product review and this time it is about a new type of cleanser that has landed on the beauty market and taken off in full force. Micellar Water.

So, first off, Micellar Water is tiny oil molecules (called "micelles") that are suspended in soft water that is attracted to dirt and oil. Once it comes in contact with the skin, it draws out those impurities without drying out the skin. It is a cleanser that is somewhere in between a toner and cleanser.

Lazy girls, this is the product for you- it is a one stop shop type of product. You simply pour a small amount of a cotton pad and wipe across the skin (similar to a toner). It is that easy. As this is a gentle cleansing option, a lot of friends of mine who have oily skin have suggested it does not give them as clean feeling as other product combinations, so if you have oily skin, you may not like Micellar Water. Also, Micellar Water is not designed to take off makeup- as most cleansing oils are used for. So, for stubborn makeup, I recommend either Neutrogena (for budget-conscious ladies) or the Caudalie (my absolute favorite cleansing oil) for makeup removing options.

I tried Good Things Acai Berry Multi-Tasking Micellar Water and I am hooked. Not only is their product line cruelty-free it is also free of parabens, sulfates and the like, all their products are just amazing. The smell of the Micellar water is just wonderful. I love the subtle berry scent and the water simply leaves my skin radiant and glowy. I have not had any issue with dryness and I have been using it daily for the past two weeks. I am a huge fan!! I was a bit hesitant to try a Micellar water since I love my cleansing oil, but I am happy that this product packs a mean punch. I tend to stay away from products that will strip your skin of its natural oils (making the issue twice as bad), but Micellar water has not be an issue for me. One thing I love about Micellar water is it is a two-in-one product and makes a perfect addition to your travel beauty routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment