Wednesday, October 26, 2016

DIY Project: Placemat Pillows

Hey Guys! Happy Fall!  I have been wanting to check some great DIY projects off of my DIY To-Do list. This past weekend I completed my first project and I am so excited to share with you all the results.
All you need!!!
My inspiration came directly from Something Like That Designs and I could not have been more thrilled to complete this for my new bedding (pictures to come!). 

For this project, you will need 
  1. Placemat (one for each pillow, this is mine, i got two)
  2. Polyester fiberfill (one bag per pillow - this link is the lg. bag. i got the small one)
  3. Sewing Machine or this!
  4. Seam ripper
First thing you will do, using your seam ripper and placemat, create a small hole in the placemat (remember, just big enough to stuff in the filler. You will most likely use the entire bag of filler for one placemat pillow. Next, using your sewing machine (or liquid stitch), seal up the hole created. **Note, if you use liquid stitch, you will need to wait 24 hours before pillow is ready for use**
finished
 I am very happy with the overall look of the pillows. They really do look store bought!! What do you think? Are you ready for a pillow upgrade??

No comments:

Post a Comment