Monday, September 26, 2016

DIY Swiffer Wet Jet Refill

I always get tired of paying so much money for Swiffer WetJet Refills. Even with coupons, you are still spending a lot of money for just another cleaner. I told myself I would find another way to do it and I did!

First, I had to remove the top. All I did was fill a pan with water, allowed it to boil, and then stuck the top in for about 20 seconds to see if it would remove- and it did!
As you can see, the top came off really easy. **It will be hot so use a kitchen towel to twist the top off.**
Now, that you have the top removed. You will only need a few ingredients to recreate the mixture.
All you will need is a measuring cup, White Vinegar, Water and dish soap (something you like the smell of).
You will need a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar. I used 2 Cups (1/2 a bottle of a Vinegar) and 2 Cups of Water.
Next, add a few drops of your dish soap into the Swiffer WetJet container holding your vinegar and water mixture. (Dish Soap is optional but it will make it smell great! I used Method's Pear Ginger Dish Soap- found at Target but any will do).
Once you have added your soap mixture into the mix, close and secure the top onto the bottle. Wipe away any excess spills you may have.
 Add the container back into your Swiffer WetJet Mop and continue cleaning! It is that simple and costs very little to continue refilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment