Friday, December 11, 2015

December Birchbox

Since my last Birchbox, I was very excited to see what December had in store. I opted to not get the seasonal box, as I wanted this one to be a surprise. And, it most certainly was.
  • Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator $34- I seem to be receiving a lot of these microdermabrasion type of masks. While I think they are great for winter, I hope I won't get too many more of these in my next few boxes. I have a lot to still work through right now. I love this product is paraben-free and 100% vegan!
  • Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Tinted Primer $10 - While I have never really had a need for eyelash primer, I am quite excited about using this particular product. I really like Benefit products so hopefully this will be just as great.
  • Catherine Malandrino Romance de Provence Perfume $65-$110 - The love of vanilla fills the air with this beautiful perfume but I prefer spray samples over these mini bottle you dab on. I prefer the packaging to not touch my skin directly and then back into the bottle. Especially with me slathering on extra moisturizer this time of year, it is not ideal. However, I love this scent and I think this is ideal for parties as it is not too overpowering if you were to wear it in a room full of people. I may have to get the larger version of this one! Yikes on the price tag though!
  • Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream $16 - I have noticed a lot of products Birchbox has sent out lately are asian-inspired beauty we would not normally see. Bravo Birchbox! While I question their products (as they allow certain items like parabens and aluminum I do not want in my products) I do like some Birchbox sends. Not sure I will use this as it is not free of certain items I do not want on my skin, I do think if you are looking for a new moisturizer, this may be one to look at. However, a bust for me!
  • Coastal Scents styleEYES Eyeshadow Palette in formalEYES $12- These samples are adorable and what I love about them is that each palette is easily worn. My colors are beautiful for a rose gold smokey eye, which I love. So, this one I like the colors really well. I do not like their products contain aluminum so I will not be wearing these over other eyeshadows I own, but I love the color combos you can make with their palettes. And, the price is not too bad!

Overall, I really liked the perfume, tinted eyelash primer and the mask. The other two products contain ingredients I do not wish to use, so I may give those to friends or family to try out. However, over half the box is pretty nice. Hopefully, next month will prove to be better than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment