Thursday, December 24, 2015

Recipe: Homemade LaraBars (Date Balls)

I love me a good LaraBar. I spent much of my Whole30 journey noshing on these delicious bars. And while they are a treat to some, I found them to be an amazing boost of energy for all my activities I was doing pre-Whole30. They are the closest bars you can buy that do not feel store bought. But, even with how amazing they really are to buy and grab on the go, they are twice as easy to make!
You are going to need 2 bases to make a date ball.
Depending on the type of bar you wish to make, these are Optional:
**Dates have seeds- you will need to pit the dates prior to making these balls. They are inedible!**

For my bars, I combined 2/3 cup of Raw Almonds, 2/3 cup of Cacao Powder and 8 oz. Dates (about 1 cup) in a food processor and combine until all ingredients are fully mixed. Once the mixture has gone from a powder to a thick consistency, remove from food processor and begin rolling mix into balls. Next, place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to firm. Once completed, remove and place in airtight container or ziploc bag.  My second batch I added 1/3 cup of coconut flakes to the mix (almond joy taste) and they were absolutely amazing. I really loved making these so much I had made a few for a couple of friends who were over the moon to receive such a delicious gift!! These are so easy to make and take hardly any time at all!! I hope you enjoy them!! Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment