Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Easy Skincare Routine

For the most part, I have always tried to keep my skincare routine relatively easy, especially since I sometimes do not have the time needed to spend on daily upkeep. Since my battle with acne for the most part has slowed down, minus the occasional blemish here and there, I have found a lot of great products which work really well and have been tried and true for me. Hopefully if you are seeking some great products, you may find these beneficial as well.
  1. SpaSonic Skin Care System $50 - I had been looking into the pricier facial brushes for awhile now and I was really unsatisfied with the few options that were available: they were either too expensive, the replacement brushes were outrageous or it received low user ratings. When I found out about SpaSonic, I was really pleased with not only its price point but how easy it was to use. I loved all the various brushes ( including the pumice stone attachment) and it fit all my needs. I use it almost daily not just to apply my night cream but to also wash my face with. It is a great beauty tool. While I do not use all the brushes frequently, I have used each one since owning it. It is a worthy investment.
  2. Burt's Bee's Sensitive Facial Cleanser $10 - This product has been a dream come true. My face is very sensitive and I have had plenty of issues with overly harsh ingredients. This product is super creamy and really keeps my skin soft and moisturized. I really love how easily my makeup comes off with this product. It is my starting cleanser and works well in the shower as well as over the sink. Best part about this product is the price is that of other competitors but with better ingredients!!
  3. Humphrey's Organic Witch Hazel $5 - It is no secret that toner works magic for all skin types. It helps restore and repair the surface of the skin. And, if you do not use a gentle cleanser, it can help restore the pH balance to your skin. Unlike most toners, Witch Hazel has a multitude of uses other than just on the face. It belongs under any sink. I prefer using Witch Hazel over toner as I find it a lot more gentle on my skin and I feel my skin is cleaner after its use. This particular one has many other scents if you prefer a "rose" or "lavender" scent instead and they come in moistened pads as well.
  4. ACURE Brightening Facial Scrub $10 - This organic line uses organic sea kelp and algae to help scrub off dead skin cells and clear out pores. While I tend to not use a lot of scrubs, I use this once a week to help clear off dead skin while in the shower. My face feels so smooth, keeps my acne clear and makes my skin feel so soft and bright. You only need about the size of a dime for the entire face. 
  5. Desert Essence Gentle Nourishing Day Cream SPF 15 $13 - I actually discovered this line at Marshall's years ago and was stunned at how much I loved this facial moisturizer. It is light-weight, non-oily and has SPF. I like how it isn't greasy and I do not break out from using it. It contains argan oil and Aloe Vera to strengthen your skin and help prevent further sun damage. I have been using it for years!
  6. Tiaki Night Cream $15 - I had not heard of this New Zealand-based company ever until I found this product last month at Marshall's. I was curious about trying to find a nice new night cream for my entire face. I wanted something very luxurious and creamy but not overly heavy. When I found this product, I was pleasantly surprised how great this product works. It has no scent or fragrance and if feels super smooth going on - like a thick day cream. However, it has properties specifically for night regeneration I really love. I use my SpaSonic to evenly distribute it to my face.
  7. The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Oil $7- While The Body Shop is seriously hard to find these days, (unless you shop at Sephora, you will not find it) this product is worth the hunt. I have used this oil all over. Better than any generic Vitamin E, this one is perfect for all skin types, not just dry skin. With a few drops, you can use it on your face, hands, and rest of your body to keep skin super soft. I have used it on the ends of my hair and on my lips in a pinch. It has been a great addition to my foot cream and I have rubbed some on my elbows and legs when they start getting dry in the fall and winter months. It is a perfect addition to your beauty arsenal and one product I suggest everyone using.
If you have ever used these products, let me know what you thought of them. Or, if you have any new ones to suggest I try, tell me! I would love to hear about more products.

No comments:

Post a Comment